Baby, it’s cold outside! Well, not just yet, but why not plan for better indoor living, and spoil yourself while you’re at it? With the winter months on their way and the holidays right around the corner, we tend to scramble around to think of what presents to give others. This year, you should consider a gift so grand, it can be shared all around! Make your kitchen the coziest place to hang out this winter! From seasonal remodeling to essential household needs, we have compiled a list of 10 must-haves for your winter kitchen.
Kitchen Remodel: Our top 10
1. Counter tops: When doing a kitchen remodel, you’re going to want to imagine your kitchen being the social center of your home. Counter tops are what ties a kitchen together and are usually the first thing people see. Granite countertops are elegant, and display luxury, while saving you money in comparison to marble countertops.
2. Custom Cabinets: With new beautiful granite countertops in place, you are going to want synchronize your new kitchen with new cabinets. When looking for custom new cabinets in Wilkes-Barre, Cabinetry & Stone Depot is the place to visit! We offer a various selection of Burgandy, Cinnamon, Coffee, and Shaker Maple cabinets, as well as Sunset Beach cabinets.
3. Kitchen Islands: Islands implement additional space in a kitchen that is going to have a lot of cooking, baking, and in-between snacking going on. Whether your house will be filled with guests or your family alone, they can be used as a prep station and eating area all at once.
4. Double-Bowl Sink: If a double-bowl sink can be so convenient in a kitchen through out the year, imagine the convenience it will bring in the winter. With double the cooking, there will be double prepping and double cleaning. This is a great alternative for a much more expensive dishwasher.
5. Appliances – Since there will be a lot of cooking going on, new appliances are a must! Food Processors are great for chopping, grating, and liquefying ingredients for soups. Food Mixers ease the making of baking batters and all your yummy cookie dough recipes. A crock pot will definitely come in handy when you need something to cook slowly for hours without having check on it all the time.
6. Cookware: Skillets, Saucepans, Stockpots, Casserole Pots are crucial for your cooking needs. As well, as your assortment of baking Pans, Loaf Pans, Pie Pans, Cookie Sheets, and muffin tins. A Cooling Rack is advised if you’ll be making multiple batches of pastries.
7. Dinnerware: Now, you don’t want to be serving your delicious entrees and warm drinks in old dishes, do you? You want your dinnerware to match your remodeled kitchen and new appliances. Buy a new set of bowls, plates, cups, mugs, as well as nice silverware to match your newly renovated space.
8. Spice Rack: When you think of Winter, you think of all scents that are associated with your favorite courses, desserts and drinks. You’re going to want to built a spice rack into your wall if you plan on doing a lot of seasonal meals. Ginger, cinnamon, and cloves are needed for your seasonal drinks. Basil, Oregano, Parsley, Rosemary, and Thyme are used in a variety of your holiday dishes.
9. Recipe Books: Now, some of us don’t have the luck of passed down family recipes or the talent of cooking and baking. Recipe books can be helpful to the culinary disinclined. And if you are a self-proclaimed chef, you may find inspiration and ideas in them.
10. Drinks: There is nothing better than sipping on something nice while sharing stories with your friends and family. Whether you prefer cold or hot beverages, make sure to stock up on a variety of drinks for everyone, from cider to wine, egg nog to tea, and hot cocoa to cocktails.
Frankly speaking, the holidays are hectic. We all need a little something to help us get through the season. You should utilize your living space to its full potential and remember that your kitchen can be all the best things you imagine it to be!